Thursday 12 September 2013

Playtime Revenue Q&A

Your name:
Aaron Shepherd.

Where are you from?
Eldersburg, Maryland, USA.

Name of band:
Playtime Revenue.

Who else is in your band?
Shane Conard (Vocals/Guitar) and Dan Abzug (Drums).

How would you describe yourselves?
I’d say we’re a combination of punk and post-hardcore I guess. I take a lot of pride in the music I write so I try to make it pretty sounding and well thought out, but I also love punk music so I try to make it aggressive and fast as well.

Who are your main influences musically?
Bandwise, I’d say Say Anything, Title Fight, Pianos Become the Teeth, and Explosions in the Sky have the biggest influences on me.

What do you hope to achieve in music?
I’d just like to live comfortably off my music. Like being able to pay for rent, food, and things mainly through my music career.

What has been the highlight of your career so far, and why?
Well this has happened a few times, but I’d say it’s right after we play our set and someone runs up to me and tells how much they loved watching us play and how different sounding we are than any other band they’ve heard. In particular, a guy came up to me after one our sets once and complimented us on how good we were, but I just dismissed it and said that our set wasn’t that good. He then reassured me it was a good set and told me it’s because we have our own sound. To me that is the best compliment I’ll ever receive because it’s one thing for your band to sound good and tight live, but not sounding like any of the thousands and thousands of bands out there nowadays? That’s like a musicians goal.

And what’s the moment you want to forget?
I saw Dan’s penis once.

If you could choose just one of your songs to represent your music, what would it be and why?
If I had to pick from one of our recorded songs, I’d say the song “Worlds” and that’s because the song is fast, aggressive, catchy, and was one of the first songs we wrote that didn’t follow the typical song format.

Where can we listen to it?
“Worlds” is the second track.



Where can we find out more about your music?

Anything else you’d like to say about your band that I forgot to ask?
We’re currently working on a five-song EP titled “My Life As Rooney”. No but for real, we’re working on a five-song EP that should hopefully be coming out this year, if not then the very beginning of next year, with five new songs that sound super cool. Unfortunately it won’t be titled “My Life as Rooney".

No comments:

Post a Comment