Thursday 12 September 2013

Light The Avenue Q&A

Your name: 
Zach Marshall.

Where are you from?
I'm originally from Atlanta, but I lived in Brunswick, Georgia, during my teenage years before moving back to Atlanta, where I live now.

Name of band: 

Light the Avenue.

Who else is in your band?
Blake Crowe (guitar)
Jim Littel (guitar)
Asa Montgomery (bass)
Winston Rogers (drums)

How would you describe yourselves?
Oh man, haha. I'd describe us as an emo/pop punk band. But I can't stand genres, so I'd rather just say we are five friends who write the music that we've always wanted to hear.

Who are your main influences musically?
We all come from different musical backgrounds. I grew up listening to all the early 2000s emo and punk bands (Sum 41, Brand New, Taking Back Sunday, The Starting Line, Saves the Day, etc.) as well as a bunch of blues and old school punk and hardcore. But everyone in the band brings their own influences to the writing process, which is why our music sounds the way it does.

What do you hope to achieve in music?
Main stage on Warped 2014 all summer. Haha kidding. All I've ever wanted to do is write and perform. Of course I'd love to end up not having to maintain a real job and be able to tour full time, play sold out shows every night, and all that rock star shit. But honestly I'd be just as happy working 40+ hours per week and just playing small shows on the weekend. As long as I'm writing and performing, that's all that matters. It's therapy for me. 

What has been the highlight of your career so far, and why?
Probably playing Pop Punk Fest at the 7 Venue in Douglasville, GA back in May. We got to play with Cartel (who I've been a fan of since Chroma) as well as State Champs, Fireworks, Veara, and a ton of other great bands. Definitely an awesome feeling to play with dudes you look up to. Playing with Real Friends was super rad too haha.

And what’s the moment you want to forget?
Fuck...Summer Side Show festival in Columbus, GA. So hot, poorly organized, sound sucked, I could go on and on. Left with a sweet ass tank top tan though.

If you could choose just one of your songs to represent your music, what would it be and why?
Every song is very different. It's hard to choose just one song to represent our sound as a whole. But if I had to choose one, I'd probably say "Tossing Bricks" which is the second track on our upcoming album which will be released in mid October. Fast parts, slow parts, jam sessions, that song has it all. But if you listen to the whole album, you'll know what I mean when I say it's hard to choose just one song.

Where can we listen to it?
Well, it hasn't released yet. But you can listen to the first single from it at youtu.be/zUTntmu8ieQ
That song has been re-recorded for the album so learn it!



Where can we find out more about your music?
Fb.com/LightTheAvenue
twitter.com/LightTheAvenue
IG: @lighttheavenue
lighttheavenue.bandcamp.com
I think I got em all, haha.

Anything else you’d like to say about your band that I forgot to ask?
Just come out to a show, buy a CD, be our friend, put our stickers all over your school, whatever you can do to keep us going. We couldn't do any of this without the fans. Be sure to pick up our debut full length album "If You Really Want To Know" after it's release in mid October! Date to be announced soon and you can pre order it for just $5 at lighttheavenue.bandcamp.com!

No comments:

Post a Comment