Saturday 2 November 2013

Gridfix Engage Q&A

Your name: 
Hector Roldan.

Where are you from?  
California, USA.

Name of band: 
Gridfix Engage.

Who else is in your band? 
Gridfix Engage is Hector a solo artist at the moment. I like to create original eclectic electronic alternative music. Most of the music is either up-beat or melodic.

Who are your main influences musically? 
Deftones and Crystal Castle, love the rawness of vocals and instruments that they bring.

What do you hope to achieve in music? 
What I want to achieve with my music is to reach people on an emotional level, from tapping their feet or just chilling having a good time. It also wouldn't hurt if I got my music played in a club or on a film.

What has been the highlight of your career so far, and why? 
I would have to say that people from other countries have heard my music. It's a beautiful thing that something someone has created reaches thousands of people.

And what’s the moment you want to forget?    
The moment I froze a couple of feet infront of Chino Moreno from Deftones. I play that moment so many times with a better scenario but in the end I missed my shoot at a photo op with Chino.

If you had to pick just one of your songs to represent your music, what would it be and why? 
Strange Lights - I feel it's up-beat and has a good energy to it.

Where can we listen to it?  
https://gridfixengage.bandcamp.com/ 



Where can we find out more about your music? 
twitter.com/GridfixEngage
soundcloud.com/GridfixEngage

No comments:

Post a Comment