Tuesday 5 November 2013

New track from Katie Bulley




THIS is Chasing, the new single from former Barettas frontwoman Katie Bulley.

Now going solo, Katie says the split from the band has helped her develop her songwriting a reach a different level.

She told RealSoundsOK: "After four years of being in The Barettas, I felt a shift in my moral compass. Change was coming. There was nothing I could do to stop it. 

"I unchained myself from anything I felt was holding me back and continued to develop my songwriting. I tried finding the right pack to play with. I tried recording with strangers. Nothing seemed to stick. Then I 'found myself' and realized it was OK to be a lone wolf for now."

The single Chasing is a completely DIY recording and is available via katiebulley.bandcamp.com and gives a precursor to Katie's forthcoming album.

She added: "I think once you figure out who you truly are in the pit of your spirit, there is no more fear. When there is no fear, you can write songs that come straight from your soul without the curse of second-guessing. 

"Keep in mind, there is a difference between loneliness and solitude. I'm more of a 'Solitude Wolf' but I'm going to call the album 'Lone Wolf' because it sounds snappier!"

To find out more visit katiebulley.com

No comments:

Post a Comment