Friday 28 March 2014

Dom Duff Q&A

Your name:
Dom Duff. 

Where are you from? 
Brittany, France.

Name of band:
The same, Dom DufF.

Who else is in your band?
I perform acoustic solo or full line up including:
Me (voice, guitars, mandolin, bodhran)
Nicola Hayes : fiddle
Mourad Aït abdelmalek : drums, percussions
Vincent Chassagne : bass
Martin Chapron : electric guitars

How would you describe yourselves?
I'm a Breton crazy language and guitar addict! Always pleased to cross folk and rock and world influences, enjoying making Breton words fighting licks and rhythm.

Who are your main influences musically?
A few : Robert Plant, Alan Stivell, The Clash, Peter Gabriel, Arcade Fire, ...and a lot of new indie folk, rock, alt bands. 

What do you hope to achieve in music?
Hoping to express my thought, energy, feeling in voice and  guitar emotion.

What has been the highlight of your career so far, and why?
Playing Bercy Paris, making 18,000 audience sing along with one of my a-capella song. Great

And what’s the moment you want to forget?
A festival I play 10 years ago, too much whisky before ... Never again, for sure.

If you had to pick just one of your songs to represent your music, what would it be and why?
The first one I wrote STRAED AN AMANN (Butter' street) because I found the good guitar lick, matching with a crazy story about a Breton desperate fellow looking for "salt butter" years ago. 

Where can we listen to it?



Where can we find out more about your music?

Anything else you’d like to say about your band/music that I forgot to ask?
Five albums so far, and always pleased to travel for stage every where, improving stuff to new audience. That's my goal and fun !!

No comments:

Post a Comment