Saturday 8 March 2014

Nate Maingard Q&A

Your name:
Nate Maingard.

Where are you from?
South Africa, now living in London.

How would you describe yourself?
Indie-folk troubadour, modern storyteller, hopeful romantic.

Who are your main influences musically?
Radiohead, John Lennon, J. Tillman, Bon Iver.

What do you hope to achieve in music?
To be the change I want to see in the world and inspire others to do the same.

What has been the highlight of your career so far, and why?
SO many. A big one was playing White Mountain Folk Festival in 2011. I had committed the last of my money to getting up there, making it work, printing albums. I wasn’t sure how I was going to afford fuel to make it to the next gig. But every step of the way magical things kept happening and kept me on the road. When I finally played White Mountain, the crowd was so responsive and kind. I stepped off the stage and sold 50 albums over the next 24 hours. It was an emotional experience for me, on all levels.

And what’s the moment you want to forget?
Nothing, I cherish it all.

If you had to pick just one of your songs to represent your music, what would it be and why?
Home, because it’s in no rush, it talks about the places we come from and what we carry with us, it’s about Home being a heart-feeling more than a place. It’s about community and love and hope. 

Where can we listen to it?


Where can we find out more about your music? 
http://natemaingard.com is where it all goes down (it has links to everything else too).

Anything else you’d like to say about your band/music that I forgot to ask?
“In times of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.” —George Orwell.
In that sense, I am a revolutionary.

No comments:

Post a Comment