Friday 4 April 2014

Corey James Q&A

Your name:
Corey James.

Where are you from?
Venetia, PA (just south of Pittsburgh, PA).

Who else is in your band?
I am a solo artist.

How would you describe yourself?
I would label my music as acoustic/indie/pop. A lot of my songs are stories about overcoming the hardships in life and coming out the other side a better person.

Who are your main influences musically?
I listen to all music. My main influences are artist like Dave Mathews, Incubus, Third Eye Blind. Basically I enjoy artists who tell stories from the heart with their music.

What do you hope to achieve in music?
I just hope that someday my music will reach out to others and help somebody.

What has been the highlight of your career so far, and why?
I played a show at the Hard Rock Cafe in Pittsburgh last year. I opened a show for the band Nine Days and a lot of people in the crowd were singing my lyrics along with me. There's no way to describe the joy I get from someone else liking my music enough to memorize the words. They were a great crowd and a really great show.

And what’s the moment you want to forget?
I have no regrets. Everything happens for a reason. Although sometimes that reason is unclear for a while, it always works itself out in the end.

If you had to pick just one of your songs to represent your music, what would it be and why?
(We are) Who we are. The song is about how we are who we are. And that we should love each other regardless of our defects. The world doesn't have to be full of judgement and hatred. But it's up to us to change it. We're all just trying to find our way in life.

Where can we listen to it?


Where can we find out more about your music?

Anything else you’d like to say about your band/music that I forgot to ask?
Music is all I've ever wanted to do. I hope to have the chance to travel, play my music, and hopefully make a difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment