Friday 16 May 2014

Amaryllis Q&A

Your name: 
Sante Moonie.

Where are you from?
Planet Earth (aka London).

Name of band:
Amaryllis.

Who else is in your band? 
Alex W, Alex O, Dan H & Micheal M.

How would you describe yourselves?
An androgynous mix of alternative rock.

Who are your main influences musically?
For me personally I have a ton, but my main ones at the moment would probably be, You Me At Six, Paramore, Biffy Clyro, Blitz Kids, Memphis May Fire, New Politics, Don Broco and Daughter.

What do you hope to achieve in music?
We all personally have our own goals to aim for and hopefully achieve but I think one we all have in common is that we just want to be successful in something that we're all extremely passionate about. Being able to do something you love as your priority job, career choice in fact, is something many people hope to do. Music is something anyone and everyone can use to connect to each other in some way and I think that it's a beautiful thing because it will always be around even when you're not. I'm not looking for fame but I hope that we can achieve a successful aim of playing maybe one of our favourite venues or even selling a certain amount of tickets around the UK, maybe even travel to another country and play. There's so many places that this can take us and I think that we're just astounded at how far we've come and what we've already achieved together so far.

What has been the highlight of your career so far, and why?
It would definitely be Selling out/headlining The Garage and supporting Elliot Minor at O2 Islington Academy main stage. I don't think any one of us expected to be selling out a show of ours let alone headlining the second room of an iconic venue so soon in our journey. We didn't really expect anything to top that but of course in many ways it has and the amazing Amaryllis Family (friends, fans etc) took us to supporting Elliot Minor playing in front of 800 people! It was honestly one the greatest achievements the guys and I have ever done musically. It felt like we were real rock stars being able to stand on a stage and perform where some of our favorite bands have graced the same place in style!

And what’s the moment you want to forget?
Having to play a show really ill on my birthday. It was not a good day at all. And it rained. Everyone thought I as angry at them because I just stayed quiet but it was because I was sick. I love the guys obviously .

If you had to pick just one of your songs to represent your music, what would it be and why?
I would pick Stand Down. To me that song sums up everything Amaryllis but with a powerful punch in every instrument and song lyrics. It's also one of the best songs live in terms of crowd enjoyment, their participation and us playing it. The first time I heard it back from the studio I honestly had goosebumps because I couldn't believe how great it sounded! We just can't wait for everyone else to hear it mixed and mastered too!

Where can we listen to it?



Where can we find out more about your music? 

Anything else you’d like to say about your band/music that I forgot to ask?
Go give us a listen. There is something for everyone in our music both heavy and soft. If you're impressed then come to a live show and have fun. We don't bite...unless you ask. If not, thanks for listening anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment