Tuesday 20 May 2014

Palm Trees and Powerlines Q&A

Your name: 
Josh Cravey.

Where are you from? 
I'm from Jacksonville, Florida!

Name of band:
Palm Trees & Power Lines.

Who else is in your band?
There's our guitarist/vocalist Shafer Tasso, our bassist Kyle Bailey, and our drummer, Casey Johnson.

How would you describe yourselves? 
I'd say that we're four upbeat kids that like to have fun and we like to put that fun into our music if that makes sense! We like to play energetic shows, and just hang out and have a good time.

Who are your main influences musically? 
Mine would be blink-182, Yellowcard, A Day to Remember, All-American Rejects, and many more. Those are the bands I grew up listening to, but I still listen to them and I'm always finding new great bands that influence me.

What do you hope to achieve in music? 
I'd like to just make a difference in people's lives. It's the most amazing feeling when someone says something like "It's been a rough day, but listening to PTPL cheered me up!" I want to share our music with as many people as possible, so they can enjoy it, have fun, and maybe look at the better things in life.

What has been the highlight of your career so far, and why? 
The views we've gotten on our YouTube videos has been an unexpected but awesome thing. It's great! We always talk about what our fans comment on our videos and on our Twitter and stuff, and it's just been so cool.

And what’s the moment you want to forget? 
Nothing I'd really like to forget except maybe the times we've played and I broke a guitar string... That was a very embarrassing thing, especially back when we didn't have a backup!

If you had to pick just one of your songs to represent your music, what would it be and why? 
I'd say our single, Listen really represents our sound. It's got heavy guitar, synth, and just high-energy everything. 

Where can we listen to it?



Where can we find out more about your music? 
We love when our fans get connected on Social Media :) You can check us out on Facebook here: http://facebook.com/palmtreesandpowerlines
Twitter: @PTPLBand
YouTube: http://youtube.com/palmtreespowerlines
Official Site: http://palmtreesandpowerlines.com
iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/high-hopes-ep/id756925592?uo=4

Anything else you’d like to say that I forgot to ask? 
I'd like to just thank all of our fans and everyone who has helped support PTPL by telling their friends about us, watching our videos, liking/favoriting/retweeting/whathaveyou our posts (it makes us feel good), and I'd like to say that we've got a lot of great things coming up! We have an acoustic EP, some new shirts, new cover songs, and other exciting things!

No comments:

Post a Comment