Monday 12 May 2014

Shaky Knees Q&A

Your name: 
Bruno Bin.

Where are you from? 
Sao Paulo, Brazil, but I live in Toronto.

Name of band: 
Shaky Knees.

Who else is in your band? 
Right now, when I'm able to play with a backing band, I have my good friends Chris Adriaanse on bass and Jon Foster on drums. They're both extremely talented musicians.

How would you describe yourselves? 
I listen to a lot of rock, blues, funk, folk, and pop music- it all comes out in my writing. My debut album is a healthy mix of acoustic and electric based songs.

Who are your main influences musically? 
Right now I'm listening to a lot of Chuck Berry, Muddy Waters, Jack White, John Mayer, Jimi Hendrix, Gary Clark Jr, to a name a few. I’ve never had an interest in copying these guys though. I want to learn everything they’ve done- whoever their idols were– in hopes of understanding what they were all about. That’s what I want to take from each one of them- what their music does to me.

What do you hope to achieve in music? 
My goal is to write, record, and perform music that I love for as long as I can. If people like what I do and can relate to me; awesome. It shouldn’t be what motivates you to keep going though.

What has been the highlight of your career so far, and why? 
I'm currently in the studio finishing up my debut full-length album "7 Years" out this Summer. I poured my heart and soul into these songs and and to have the opportunity to go into the studio and work with other passionate people has been amazing.

And what’s the moment you want to forget? 
None. I probably learned more from those. 

If you had to pick just one of your songs to represent your music, what would it be and why? 
My debut single "Make It Last". I literally locked myself in my bedroom and wrote songs for two years before getting into the studio to record this album. That song was the first moment in the process where it all came together lyrically and melody wise. Every word is there for a reason and loaded with meaning.

Where can we listen to it? 
You can stream and download it for free on SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/shakyknees/make-it-last



Where can we find out more about your music? 
Website: www.shakyknees.com
Soundcloud: www.soundcloud.com/shakyknees
Twitter: www.twitter.com/shaky_knees
Facebook: www.facebook.com/ShakyKnees
Youtube: www.youtube.com/theshakyknees

Anything else you’d like to say that I forgot to ask? 
Thank you Greg and RealSoundsOk for the space. I look forward to meeting you in England sometime!

No comments:

Post a Comment