Tuesday 24 June 2014

Brian Lanese Q&A

Your name: 
Brian Lanese. 

Where are you from? 
Los Angeles, CA.

How would you describe yourself? 
I'm a producer. An extremely hard-working, creative, no bullshit kind of guy...with an immense passion for all music.

Which indie bands have you worked with? 
Permanent Ability, Piqued Jacks, The Future Capital, and Overnight Collides more recently. But my credits extend to major label as well.

Who else have you worked with? 
Parliment Funkadelic, and Serj Tankian to name drop a few. 

Who are your main influences musically? 
I love all kinds of music from Zeppelin to LL Cool J and everything in between, and I draw inspirations from all genres, so I really don't have a "main" influence per say.

What do you hope to achieve in music? 
Giving the indie bands a voice by producing their records and giving them a major label sound without a major label price tag. 

What hash been the highlight of your career so far, and why? 
My first round Grammy noms back in 2011, that kicked off my producing career.

And what’s the moment you want to forget? 
Nah, not really to be honest. Cuz you learn from the shitty moments, and they build character to help mold what you need to become to be successful. I like to try to enjoy the journey, but don't get me wrong I've had bad days. 

Where can we listen to some of the bands you've produced? 
Simply click these links: Permanent AbilityPiqued JacksOvernight Collides 

Where can we find out more about you? 
Google me. I do use all the social media outlets, but mainly Twitter @BLanese33, check out my band PermanentAbility.com, and support all the bands I mentioned by downloading them off iTunes.

Anything else you’d like to say that I forgot to ask? 
I like to let the bands do what they do and I simply capture and define it. I fatten up the sound in certain parts and build the song so its bigger in certain parts using AMAZING gear from many tier studios throughout Los Angeles I have access to. I also do FREE samples for bands...so if you think you got what it takes, hit me up, and maybe we can work together on your next record. I'm extremely confident I can help you achieve the recognition you deserve...and serious consideration all starts with the music.

No comments:

Post a Comment