Tuesday 24 June 2014

Eja Q&A

Your name: 
Abbigail Smith.

Where are you from? 
Leeds, England.

Stage name: 
Eja.

Who else is in your band?
My producer Mark Stainburn.

How would you describe yourself?
I would say Eja is really fresh to the mainstream industry. The sound we create focuses mainly around pop but there are hints of other genres such as rock and dance music that appear throughout our work. I personally enjoy listening to many styles of music and I think this has had a major influence on the music I write. We are currently working on a 4/5 track E.P full of original tracks to release to the public at the end of this year/beginning of next. All details and release dates will be posted on my Eja website/social media pages.

Who are your main influences musically? 
Blink 182, Paramore, Katy Perry, Avril Lavigne, The Used, Fightstar, Lifehouse, 30 Seconds To Mars, Bon Iver, Daughter, Drake, Evanescense, Ellie Goulding, Florence & The Machine

What do you hope to achieve in music? 
Where to begin!? I hope to achieve great things musically throughout my life. I would love the opportunity to work with major record labels/producers, songwriters and other fellow professional musicians within the industry. I would really like the opportunity to tour and spread my music across the world, perform at major festivals across the world, gain international radio and television broadcasting recognition and importantly I want to be able to use my music as a platform to change other peoples lives for the better.

What has been the highlight of your career so far, and why?
Shooting my latest music video for my single 'Free' I had the opportunity to work with Candu Media (who recently shot the latest Kaiser Chiefs video, coming home) who were a professional, friendly team who helped me plan, create and achieve exactly what I wanted for the video. I had the opportunity to work with TV director Neil Shand, BBC cameraman and go-to guy Mike Buttery. I also had a personal make up artist and godsend Faye Robertson, she was fantastic to work with and kept me going on the day. I felt like shooting this video was a big step in the door to achieving my musical ambitions. 

And what’s the moment you want to forget? 
Falling over on set during 'Free' music video mid run!

If you had to pick just one of your songs to represent your music, what would it be and why?
At this current moment in time it would be Free. I would pick this song because it was my first single with my first video and presents a full image of Eja. 
Where can we listen to it? 



Where can we find out more about your music?
Official Website: http://www.ejamusic.com & .co.uk

Anything else you’d like to say that I forgot to ask? 
Nope I think thats it. thanks for interviewing me! Eja.

No comments:

Post a Comment