Friday 20 June 2014

Hungry Girls Q&A

Your name: 
Dave Wolfe McKey.

Where are you from?
Medford, Oregon, USA.

Name of band:
HUNGRY GIRLS.

Who else is in your band?
It’s a one man band with a ton of soul.

How would you describe yourselves?
Family-oriented, humble and driven. I’ve been playing music for a long time and it’s always been there to keep me sane. My Girl and my kiddos keep me pushing forward no matter what.

Who are your main influences musically?
City and Colour, The Builders and The Butchers, Portugal. The Man, Iron and Wine, Nick Drake, Al Green.

What do you hope to achieve in music?
I just love making music, and I love that people enjoy listening to it. I just want to live. I just want my family to be happy, healthy and proud and I want to do everything I can to share my soul with the world.

What has been the highlight of your career so far, and why?
After writing/recording/playing music for nearly 15 years, the last eight months since HUNGRY GIRLS has begun has really been the highlight of musical endeavors. I have never received a response like this before, and it humbles me beyond belief to know that I’m creating something that so many folks are enjoying. 

And what’s the moment you want to forget?
Every time I’ve screwed up on stage, haha. 

If you had to pick just one of your songs to represent your music, what would it be and why?
“Don’t Mind Me”. It’s my working class, real life, family man anthem. Lines like “Never got no handouts, I got my hand-me-downs for free” and “Don’t mind me, I just want to live” pretty much embody the spirit of my creative output.

Where can we listen to it? 



Where can we find out more about your music?

Anything else you’d like to say that I forgot to ask?
Cheers, love and respect to every single person out there who has ever even thought of listening to HUNGRY GIRLS. 

No comments:

Post a Comment