Wednesday 25 June 2014

Transcend with Time Q&A

Your name:
My name is Mark Mendieta.

Where are you from?
I am from Brownsville, Texas.

Name of band:
Transcend with Time

Who else is in your band? 
This is a solo project.

How would you describe yourself?
As for me personally, I would describe myself as a thinker, doer, and perfectionist. As for my project Transcend with Time, the music can best be described as progressive New Age/ambient. I tend to draw inspiration from personal events thus adding an intimate element to the music, but all entwined within the New Age/ambient spectrum.
 
Who are your main influences musically?
My main influences are Dream Theater, David Arkenstone, Symphony X, and Jon O’ Bergh.

What do you hope to achieve in music?
Well, I am not going to lie, but I would like to make a name for myself within the music business; however, if I never achieve that type of success, that’s okay.
I would also enjoy the opportunity to make music for films, TV, games, etc. as I really believe my music coincides with those formats.
Another would be having my music connect with fans. For me personally, one of the biggest satisfactions I take is when listeners/fans compliment me on my music. That itself is what being a musician is all about.

What has been the highlight of your career so far, and why?
Well, I would have to say still being a musician. Being that I started this project in 2006 and having released six albums to this date is an accomplishment itself, but being an independent artist is very difficult these days. You have to be musician, promoter, etc., but I would not trade this for anything. Music is my passion, and I will continue doing it until the desire is no longer there.
Another highlight would be that Transcend with Time’s music has been featured worldwide in stations like New Age Stars, Syndae, Night Tides with Renee Blanche, Radio Mystic, Sirius XM “Chill” channel, etc., and my latest album When Emotions Fade was awarded the Best Alternative New Age Album of the Year at New Age Music Odyssey (http://btfasmer.com/2013/12/29/best-alternative-new-age-music-album-2013/)

And what’s the moment you want to forget?
All the tragedy I’ve been through...

If you had to pick just one of your songs to represent your music, what would it be and why?
It would have to be the song As The Angels Tread from my 2012 album The Calling Whisper. I definitely believe that song displayed all of the traits that can be found within my music. Emotional, dramatic, intimate, but most importantly, heart-felt.

Where can we listen to it?
You can listen to my music at www.transcendwithtime.bandcamp.com as I have listed my entire discography there.


Where can we find out more about your music?
Places to purchase my albums
“When Emotions Fade”

“Through Memory’s Perception”

“Reflections of the Soul”

“A Voice of Calmness”

Anything else you’d like to say that I forgot to ask?
I would just like to thank you for providing me with this wonderful opportunity to introduce myself to your readers throughout the world. I hope they will be intrigued with my music and want to check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment