Tuesday 1 July 2014

Dripback's Adam da Rat's Sonisphere picks

WITH Sonisphere Festival taking place this very weekend, RealSoundsOK caught up with Dripback bassist Adam da Rat to get the low-down on who to see.

He told us: "I'm picking stuff that might not be as obvious - everyone goes to see the big names, - but the great thing about festivals is finding hidden gems."

So here are his choices...

THE DEFILED - Apollo Stage, Friday 2.45pm
I've followed this band since they were playing to 20 people in a shitty little pub in Camden and always imagined them on a huge stage. Next Friday I don't need to imagine. I can't wait to see them bring their show to the biggest stage they've played so far. Crushing but melodic and with a rare star quality, you shouldn't miss these.


STAMPIN GROUND - Jagermeister Stage, 5pm Saturday
This is their first show in god knows how long. They were the kings of UKHC back in the day. The first time I heard them I thought "Slayer on crack". Viscous, energetic, they will have the whole place bouncing up and down. I can not wait.


THE LOUNGE KITTENS - Satellite Stage, Saturday 5.30pm
I've not seen these live yet so really looking forward to this. Three very funny girls with beautiful voices doing very creative interpretations of all manner of songs, from rock to dance to hip hop to whatever. One keyboard, three perfectly harmonising voices and a wicked sense of humour, I can't imagine this not being fun.


DRIPBACK - Jagermeister Stage, 12pm Sunday
OK - so this is my band. If I wasn't playing I would most definitely be watching Protest The Hero over on the Saturn stage. With that in mind, we need all the help we can get so come watch us play haha. It's dirty, vicious, brutal hardcore played by a bunch of friends who grew up on death metal. We don't get together often but go absolutely bonkers when we do. 


KROKODIL - Jagermeister Stage, 2pm Sunday
Friends I've known for years who are all incredible musicians who've been in other bands previously (and currently). Riffs. Big, fat, juicy riffs, and all the heavy.

No comments:

Post a Comment