Friday 8 August 2014

L.D.C.N Q&A

Your name: 
Louie Baker.

Where are you from?
Norwich, Norfolk, UK.

Name of band: 
L.D.C.N.

How would you describe yourself? 
I am a producer of sorts, mainly just a bedroom producer if you had to give me a label. However I plan on changing that soon. 

Who are your main influences musically?
Boards of Canada, Larry Fisherman, Aphex Twin, Lacey, lots of different stuff mainly from the hip hop genre at the moment, although I am inspired by a lot of ambient and general chill-out music such as Tycho or Bonobo.  

What do I hope to achieve in music? 
I plan on working on big projects such as producing albums and helping to produce the tracks for my own written material. I'd also like to be in a position where I could tour places and work with many other artists and producers, collaborating and creating new music.  

What has been the highlight of your career so far?
Releasing an album and then being contacted by the BBC, which has led to me an interview in September.  

And  what's the moment you want to forget?
Releasing an EP titled "Floating" as a Christmas present. The thought was there as it was a free Christmas present, but only one of the four tracks was actually any good. 

If you had to choose just one of your songs to represent you music, what would it be and why?
Probably It's Going to be Okay for the reason that it really captured the mood of how I was when I made the track and also because it sits right in the heart of the album Away From Here. It just really captures the journey. But because of that it was also a low key type of track in that it was too personal almost and didnt get a ton plays, although the people who did hear it loved it!

Where can we listen to it?



Where can we find out more about your music?

Anything else that you'd like to say about your music that I forgot to ask?
My latest release "Summer Rain" was released on the 19th of July and is out on Bandcamp for free (with the option to donate). The download includes a few extras including a PDF booklet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment