Friday 1 August 2014

Miss Emily Q&A

Your name:  
Miss Emily (aka: Emily Fennell).

Where are you from? 
Milford, Prince Edward County, Ontario, Canada.

How would you describe yourself? 
I'm a full-time musician who's lived off of my music for the past ten years. I've toured Canada and parts of the US, playing everything from small bars to large festivals. I've had a number of original acts over the years, ranging in genre, and have been using the 'Miss Emily' moniker for the past four and a half years. My music is soul based and crosses over other genres such as rock, pop and blues.

Who are your main influences musically?  
I've had some awesome opportunities to work with some worldwide talents, including member(s) of The Tragically Hip, Spin Doctors and Gene Simmons of KISS. I've been influenced by everyone I've ever worked with in some way. I'm a sponge. I soak up as much info I can take from my musical experiences.

What do you hope to achieve in music? 
My main goal has always been to live off of my music (and support my family with it). I've been able to do that for some time now, and with each passing year, I make new goals in hopes of expanding my abilities and opportunities. I have a new album out now and am hoping to use it to increase my fan base and hopefully inspire some other music makers.  :)

What has been the highlight of your career so far, and why?  
I played a one day, four-act event in June of 2011 in Bobcaygeon, Ontario, Canada, with The Tragically Hip, Sam Roberts Band and The Trews. It sold out in a matter of a few days and we played to 28,000 people. It was an amazing experience and a Juno award-winning documentary was made about the event – “The Tragically Hip in Bobcaygeon”. (The Junos are the Canadian music awards)

And what’s the moment you want to forget?  
A gig I did at least 12years ago where I had to learn two hours of music from 1968. 1969? A GREAT year in music! 1968? Not so much...

If you had to pick just one of your songs to represent your music, what 
would it be and why?  
I have a song I wrote called 'The Sellout'. It's on my new album and we've recorded a few unreleased versions over the last few years. It takes the power back from a negative stereotypical music career burn, I like to think.

Where can we listen to it?  



Where can we find out more about your music?

No comments:

Post a Comment