Sunday 3 August 2014

Tired Starling Q&A

Your name: 
Simon O'Connell.

Where are you from? 
Banbury, Oxfordshire.

Name of band: 
Tired Starling - thinking of changing this though.

How would you describe yourself? 
I'm a self-taught guitar player, picked up when I was 15, but dipped in and out until my late 20s when I really started taking it seriously again. I played mostly covers and dabbled a little bit in writing, but it never really clicked until the last year or so, when I felt I had something there. I now try to write on a daily basis (which my job gets in the way of) and sit down with my guitar every evening just trying different stuff. Would like to have more time to sit and write but like I said, work gets in the way!

Who are your main influences musically? 
My main influence is primarily Noel Gallagher, he's been the person that I have really admired and respected musically and as a person over the last 20 odd years. Neil Young has played a big part in my musical journey as well as artists like Paul Weller, Morrissey/Marr and Alex Turner to name a few!

What do you hope to achieve in music? 
This probably sounds like a massive cliche, but I just want people to hear my tunes! Even if one person doesn't like it there will be someone else who does and it might make a difference to their lives! Also the money, fame, women etc that comes with it.......... But i can do without that, and to just sell one album or even a single I'd be very happy!

What has been the highlight of your career so far, and why?  
I haven't been around long enough to have one!

And what’s the moment you want to forget? 
As above though i'm sure there will be a few!

If you had to pick just one of your songs to represent your music, what would it be and why? 
Come Follow Me:  It was the first proper song that I have written and one I really feel has a chance of being something more.

Where can we listen to it? 



Where can we find out more about your music?
https://soundcloud.com/simon-oconnell-2  - I try to put regular demos on here as I write them, just rough recordings of me and my acoustic through a mic, my PC and audacity!

No comments:

Post a Comment