Wednesday 3 September 2014

"I would rather be Phil Collins..."

HIP hop artist The Emsee has a real way with words - obvs - so I'll let him do the talking here...

"I'll be honest 'I would rather be Phil Collins' isn't a statement you'd expect to hear in most hip hop songs. But my latest single Rap Squared isn't your average single.

"The hope is it makes you re-evaluate your favourite rap songs as you ask what this song is really about.

"Like many, spending long hours at my factory day job fuels my musical efforts financially and affords endless time inside my own mind to explore music's meaning and direction.

"The fact  that many hip hop records lack content troubles me. I hope you find somthing more here."

You can listen to the Hamilton, Ontario, artist on Youtube or Soundcloud.

And if you want to find out more visit facebook.com/TheEmseeMusic and twitter.com/TheEmsee

No comments:

Post a Comment