Friday 5 September 2014

Yuno Verse Q&A

Your name: 
Yuno Verse.

Where are you from?
The Netherlands.

How would you describe yourself?
Not your everyday rapper. Bringing back class and sophisticated.

Who are your main influences musically?
I grew up listening to Tupac, BTNH and NWA so I guess that's what inspired me to rap. But I hardly listen to rap these days. You'll find anything from Gregory Porter to Ed Sheeran on my playlist.

What do you hope to achieve in music?
I experience a lot of joy creating music, and ultimately my goal is to bring that joy into the lives of as many people as possible. But I'd be a liar if I didn't say I'm aiming for the highest reward for doing so. Meaning I want the financial means to change my family's life and at the same time create something that will be remembered by the world long after I'm gone. 

What has been the highlight of your career so far, and why? 
The performance I did at The Late Night Poetry Jam in Rotterdam. I've never felt so much love from people who had nothing but my music to judge me by. The response was a real confirmation for me that people like what I do as much as I hoped they would.

And what’s the moment you want to forget?
I don't have any of those. If it's a moment you would want to forget, then in most cases there's a lesson in there. That's all the reason I need to remember it.

If you had to pick just one of your songs to represent your music, what would it be and why?
Lust For Life. That song proves that I'm more than a rapper, and that my music is not confined within any specific genre. It surprised me and the people that I work with, and it showed us that there are still sides to me that I have to explore and develop. 

Where can we listen to it?
It's not out yet! I'm hoping to put it out at the right time when I feel my listeners are ready and the song can reach it's full potential. So make sure you follow me!

Where can we find out more about your music?
My handle is YunoVerse on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. I use Facebook and Instagram the most but feel free to follow me on whatever media you like! I also make sure my songs are always on iTunes, Spotify, Deezer and all other online music databases, so pick whichever you prefer!

No comments:

Post a Comment