Friday 3 October 2014

Brigit Jackson Q&A

Your name:
Brigit Jackson.

Where are you from?
Currently living in Atlanta, GA.

Who else is in your band?
Well, I'm not in a band but I own a record label called All Cards Up. It is co-owned by G Lucciano (a writer) and I.C.E. (a producer).

How would you describe yourselves? 
I'm one cool chick! Ha! Musically, my style ranges from soulful, emotionally-driven lyrics that make you think, to soaring vocals over hard-hitting beats that make you wanna dance!

Who are your main influences musically?
I have quite a range of musical influences. Alicia Keys is one of them. I enjoy the emotion she puts in her songs. I also must mention Joni Mitchell because I love the colorful stories in all of her work. She is amazing!

What do you hope to achieve in music? 
I aspire to touch the corners of listeners minds when they hear any of my songs... and that it feels GOOD!

What has been the highlight of your career so far, and why? 
I've had quite a few highlights but during a listening session in Nashville, we had the pleasure of a veteran songwriter in the business giving two thumbs up on all of our songs. That was the BEST! 

And what’s the moment you want to forget? 
Hmm, well actually, I embrace it all!! It's a part of the process. 

If you had to pick just one of your songs to represent your music, what would it be and why?
I think Bring Sumthin' Outta Me represents my music well. It isn't traditional R&B, nor is it 100% Pop. It's more of a mix of the two styles with a hint of a rock edge. That definitely describes me--pop/soulful with an edge!

Where can we listen to it? 


Where can we find out more about your music? 
Official Website: www.brigitjackson.com

Anything else you’d like to say that I forgot to ask?
Yes! I have a mobile app! You can take me with you on-the-go! My app is available for the iPhone: https://itunes.apple.com/tr/app/brigit/id670967179?mt=8&ign-mpt=uo%302

Thanks to every DJ who supported me by playing my music! A BIG THANKS to my fans! My EP is coming soon!  

No comments:

Post a Comment