Tuesday 4 November 2014

Max Gowan Q&A

Your name:
Max Gowan.

Where are you from?
Raleigh, North Carolina.

How would you describe yourself and your music?
I would describe my music as alternative acoustic, but my next album will have more instrumentation.

Who are your main influences musically?
My main influences are Elliott Smith, Ryan Adams, The Tallest Man on Earth, and this kid from Philadelphia named Alex G. He's only 21 and he is already in my top ten favorite artists of all time.

What do you hope to achieve in music?
I don't really have a goal with music that can be measured in numbers. I just want to write, record, and perform the best music I can possibly make. I want to write songs that people actually connect with and want to listen to multiple times. Success would really just be a byproduct of that.

What has been the highlight of your career so far, and why?
The highlight of my career was releasing my debut EP Restless Heaven this September. Since I am only 17 years old, my first album release is a really big deal to me. It was a really fun process. 

And what’s the moment you want to forget?
There are tons of moments I want to forget. I've actually had two of my mics fall on me at two separate shows. Just awkward stuff like that. Although I hate things like that at the time, it's pretty hilarious looking back.

If you had to pick just one of your songs to represent your music, what would it be and why?
I would choose my song "Restless Heaven" because it doesn't quite sound like my other songs, but it sounds like the type of song that I want to continue writing in the future.

Where can we listen to it? 


Where can we find out more about your music?
Twitter: @MaxGowanMusic
Those, other than my bandcamp, are the best two sites to reach me at. 

Anything else you’d like to say about your band/music that I forgot to ask?
Nothing really, I just hope you enjoy it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment