Friday 27 February 2015

James Poole Q&A

Your name:
I've been called a great many things but James Poole is the one my parents prefer.

Where are you from? 
The Norfolk broads, various little villages. It's like the Shire only with more village cooperatives and goal posts with no nets.

How would you describe yourselves and your music?
Blue-eyed soul at the heart with a hint of pop. As for me, well, find out for yourself, I'm always on Twitter.

Who are your main influences musically?
They vary. I like listening to a bit of everything. Depends on my mood as well. Often, I listen to music which will help with what I'm trying to create. So, as an example, recently, I needed some intense atmospheric drums on a track, so I listened to a lot of Lorde, whose engineer is a drums wizard, then when I work on my own drums production I can compare it to what is popularly seen as the very best.

What do you hope to achieve in music?
I have a great many specific goals but generally, I'd like longevity, versatility and to feel that at the end of it all, I'm leaving behind a recognised legacy that I can be proud to call my life's work. 

What has been the highlight of your career so far, and why?
On an academic level, teaching myself how to produce. Before Summer 2014, I'd only written toplines, hooks and melodies. Now I feel more creative, limitless and in much better control of my art and what I release.
Arguably more important are my loyal and passionate fans. They are a constant highlight, with me through everything. They mean the world to me. They're probably, definitely reading this - HIIIIIIII GUYS! 

And what’s the moment you want to forget?
None really. We all meet plenty of fools in whatever career we choose but often surviving ensures winning. Don't let anyone ever be the reason you drop out or give up.

If you had to pick just one of your songs to represent your music, what would it be and why?
I couldn't pick a song from the first EP. It'd be like having a favourite child. The next release will be the title track of my second EP - I think that represents who I am right now.

Where can we listen to it? 
Here's a link to my debut EP:
'For Your Ears Only'
Like me on Facebook and follow me on Twitter and you'll soon get a taste of the second EP.


Where can we find out more about your music? 

No comments:

Post a Comment