Wednesday 18 February 2015

Michael Brondsetter Q&A

Your name: 
Michael Brondstetter.

Where are you from?
I’m a resident of San Diego, California, USA.

How would you describe yourselves and your music?
I’m a singer-songwriter, father, lover of life and people believer in trying to do what’s important to make life special to as many people as I can reach. With a smile, or a song. Maybe even a line of verse that will let a person feel good about themselves. Maybe know that someone else out there shares there world and is willing to lend a listening ear or a hand to help. 

Who are your main influences musically? 
There is a quick answer and a very long one, which I’m sure you run across a lot. I’ve been influenced by every artist that I’ve come in contact with. Some because they’ve moved me to a better place. Other, because they’ve showed me where I don’t want to be moved to.
Living in Detroit exposed me to so much and I was at an age where it all was great. Then I lived in the South and there was Country and the Grand Old Opera and New Orleans. When I ended up in LA it was all there together. I guess my best story about who influenced me musically would be when I went to McCabe’s Music shop. It’s still there on Pico Blvd in Santa Monica. Still has people performing on the Friday and Saturday nights. I was in high school and I went to see Jackson Browne. This was just before his solo nation opening tour I think with Linda Randstad. I went up to him after the show and introduced myself to him and as a singer songwriter and he was very cool to me and told me to stick with it and that if I loved it to never let it go/give up. He was very ingenuous and honestly real. Not like a lot of people in Los Angeles. Because of his message I think I’m still writing and playing and plugging away today. 
So there are huge numbers of artist that influence me but maybe the most important was Jackson Browne for setting the tone for me sticking with it.

What do you hope to achieve in music?
I’d like to be able to put a little joy into someone life and move them to emotion. If I can get them to tap their foot and pull the heartstrings at the same time, mission accomplished. It would be great to be able to enjoy some musical freedom by making a living at it. That’s what I ultimately would like to do, but really I think a good night of fun with me at the stage is all I can ask for.

What has been the highlight of your career so far, and why? 
I meet Jeff Silbar(Wind Beneath My Wings) and Big Al Anderson(Not Cause I Wanted To) at the Durango Songwriter Expo. I didn’t perform with them but being able to hear and talk with two of the greatest songwriter of our time. Jeff talk about always finding ways to change up a song that’s been heard a lot. Al really amplified the notion of one having to love writing/performing/playing etc. I did perform for some of the other industry people there that weekend but those two taught me a lot about song writing and heart.

And what’s the moment you want to forget?
Playing in a venue with you a bartender and a lone drunk passed out at the table and having to play for two more hour. Calling everyone to come on down so you have some energy to play with. There’s also the heckler that didn’t realize that the comedy act that was on before wasn’t on any more. “Thank you for your imput sir, but I’m playing here?” lol

If you had to pick just one of your songs to represent your music, what would it be and why?
That’s easy. Friends. What’s more important than the people that got your back and help guide one through that minefield we go through? Help you up when you fall. All the things that make life worth living. Friends!

Where can we listen to it? 
There is my web site Brondmusic.com. I’m also on Reverb Nation, with is reverbnation.com/michaelbrondstetter and soundcloud.com/michael-brondstetter



Where can we find out more about your music?

Anything else you’d like to say about your music that I forgot to ask?
That Iron Mountain is but the first of hopefully many musical projects I have to offer. I’ve dozens of songs copywriter and constantly writing. Always looking for great co-writing partners and friends to work with and make the best possible songs I can. Songwriting is a work of love and passion. I’ll be writing, playing, singing performing as long as I’m here.  Thank you for your interest and hope everyone will write and tell me which songs they enjoyed most or, if something moved you and why!  Even if you just want to say hey! You can email me through my web site Brondmusic.com or Reverb Nation or Sound Cloud.
Also I Hope Everyone will buy a copy of Iron Mountain!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Mike. Great Q&A. I love the Friends song. I always great to see your performances, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! Great profile. Great artist. Well done.

      Delete
  2. Great Bio Mike
    Mark Reitenga

    ReplyDelete