Monday 9 February 2015

New album from Vast Robot Armies

AT the tail-end of 2013, Vast Robot Armies was a solo project releasing its first album - but things have kind of snowballed since then.

Canadian Jason Thomson - who started VRA after more than a decade as part of Sometimes Why - got in touch with RealSoundsOK to tell us the story behind forthcoming release Little Creatures.

He said: "I had just released my debut album Goodnight Myopia. It had been a project born out of my interest in creating a record as a one-man band. Pleased with the end result, I still felt as though it was missing something.

"About two weeks after its release, a friend of mine reached out with a link to a band he had been listening to called Sundiver. After taking a listen to their EP, I knew I had found my sonic allies - I knew I wanted to make music with them.

"During the next couple of weeks there was a spike in interest in my record, but one particular action caught my eye. It was a post from John Agee of Sundiver saying how much he was enjoying the new record. It was more than a coincidence and I decided to contact him. I eventually gained the courage to approach him about the possibility of collaborating. He loved the idea and suggested that his guitarist also get involved.

"They travelled to Toronto to meet for the firs time and in October I made the trip down to Kansas City. Two days later, we drove up to Chicago to rehearse and record the album."

Everything New Is Old Again and Foxtrot are the first two singles from the album, which will be released on March 3rd.

For more info, visit facebook.com/VastRobotArmies

No comments:

Post a Comment