Monday 9 February 2015

OZGA Q&A

Your name: OZGA.

Where are you from?
Southern California, USA. Now residing in San Antonio, Texas, USA.

Name of band:
OZGAmusic.

Who else is in your band?
Just me, OZGA - I'm a solo producer.

How would you describe yourself?
I produce an electronic musical style that I refer to as "eclec-tronica" - eclectic, electronic music that borrows from several decades of influence - from the 70s, 80s & 90s (eclec-tronica.com).

Who are your main influences musically?
Well, that "list' would be simply impossible to nail down to anything less than that of a small novel-sized answer. So, to simplify the answer I'll name one artist from from the 70s, 80s & 90s that would be one of my central focuses. 1) Peter Gabriel, 2) Depeche Mode, and 3) Armin van Buuren.

What do you hope to achieve in music?
The continued opportunity to create, produce, release and promote musical collections (albums, so to speak) for people (my friends/listeners) to enjoy & share, while at least managing to break-even financially for the cost of the project. It's true, it is a labor of love - but ya gotta eat!

What has been the highlight of your career so far, and why?
The release of my CD, "OZGA - Proverbial Groove" - 2012. After over 25 years of participation in various collaborative musical projects I was finally in a position to produce and promote a solo project. It was a great first effort that has produced many great results - one that has inspired me to want to continue to release more new song material over the years to come. An EP is currently in the works...

And what’s the moment you want to forget?
I tend not to focus on worries or regrets. So, it's sort of hard to think of one. Maybe not having started my solo music career earlier - that's about all.

If you had to pick just one of your songs to represent your music, what would it be and why?
So far, I'd have to say that "Folly Wise" is the best representation of my current music. However, my next release will change ALL of that.

Where can we listen to it?
http://ozgamusic.com/folly_wise

Where can we find out more about your music? 
Here ya go..!
The OZGAmusic Home Page: www.ozgamusic.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/OZGA-Music/205969686080147
Twitter: https://twitter.com/OZGAmusic
Google +: https://plus.google.com/116604244860031200195/posts

Anything else you’d like to say that I forgot to ask?
Nope - nice set of questions for a profile - good job!

No comments:

Post a Comment