Monday 9 March 2015

Fonzie steps out on his own

FONZIE has stepped out from hip hop collective To Dream N Believe to go it alone - and found a piece of himself.

The first fruits of his solo sabbatical are revealed in the single Me & Myself, the forerunner of debut EP Troy out on April 6th.

The former footballer from West London told RealSoundsOK: "It's all in the title really. I'm just letting people know that I'm a solo artist as well as being part of the TDNB collective.

"When I'm not with the squad, it's just me and myself."

Fonzie also spoke about how music helped him and his family steer away from a life on the wrong side of the law.

He added: "Where I come from, you either played football or sold drugs and - me being me - I did both. It got to the point where my younger brother wanted to follow in my footsteps and sell drugs and that's when I decided to quit and become a role model for him."

You can listen to Me & Myself below and for more visit twitter.com/i_amfonzie or facebook.com/todreamnbelieve



No comments:

Post a Comment