Friday 8 May 2015

Robin Brock Q&A

Your name: 
Robin Brock.

Where are you from?
British Columbia, Canada.

Name of band: (if applicable)

Who else is in your band? 
I am currently looking for a band. Any ideas or suggestions? LOL

How would you describe yourselves and your music? 
If Heart and Def Leppard were jammin’ on Kiss songs co-written with P!nk.

Who are your main influences musically? 
My main influences are Kiss and Def Leppard. I love the attitude, the passion, the melody, the hooks and the riffs. Lately I’ve been hugely influenced by Metallica and Avenged Sevenfold. As for singers, Paul Stanley, Don Dokken, Joe Elliot, and Joe Lynn Turner have been huge influences in my style, as well as Pat Benatar.

What do you hope to achieve in music? 
My aim is to get my music to people who are open for it. My lyrics are a bit dark and not for everyone, but they have a message. No victim songs here. I want to keep evolving as an artist, and a songwriter and write the best, most amazing songs I can. And rock the hell out of my listeners at the same time.

What has been the highlight of your career so far, and why? 
Highlight? Wow. So many amazing things. I’ve gotten to perform in many different places in the world, worked with some amazing musicians, had some amazing coverage in magazines, but what never ceases to amaze me is when people tell me I’ve touched them; my music has touched them in some way. Whether it’s a song that rocks or something deeper.

And what’s the moment you want to forget? 
Hah. Lots of those too. Kidding. I don’t want to forget anything because all moments are lessons. Especially the ones you tend to want to forget. Those are the growth moments and as painful as they might be...they are our greatest teachers and those are the lessons that make me become a better writer and performer.

If you had to pick just one of your songs to represent your music, what would it be and why? 
Master and Slave. It’s a fun song, it’s got a cool story, and it ROCKS! It’s such a blast to perform live.

Where can we listen to it?


Where can we find out more about your music?
My official website is robinbrock.com. You can find me on all the social networking sites. I’d love to connect with everyone reading this. 

Anything else you’d like to say about your music that I forgot to ask? 
I’m in the newest Issue 69 of the UK’s Fireworks Magazine. I’m also on the covermount and I’d love for you to check it out. I love connecting with my fans and am big on social networking, so stop by and connect with me. I’m also currently working on album #4. This new one is going to be my best hardest rocking album to date. I’m excited about it, so to keep updated, follow me on any of the social networks. And I often give out free stuff if you’re a follower too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment