Thursday 11 June 2015

VEiiLA Q&A

Your name:
My name is Vif Nüte and I'm singer-songwriter and synth-player.

Where are you from?
It's complicated. Too long story to tell here. Currently we're living in Saint-Petersburg, Russia

Name of band: 
VEiiLA.

Who else is in your band?
We're a duo. The second member is Bes Eiredt, producer and synth-player.

How would you describe yourselves and your music?
I think I'm pretty unstable and a little too emotional. Even if you see me calm there's probably a tempest inside. This is absolutely reflected in our music

Who are your main influences musically?
I'm always searching for something new to inspire me. It'd be a very long list of artists to name all of them. I think all music I have in my player influenced me one way or another. The latest update for my playlist included the new releases from Sohn, Royksopp, Lykke Li and Charlie Winston.

What do you hope to achieve in music?
I think my hopes are no more different to any emerging artist's. It's about becoming known and wanted. In long term I want to stay open-minded as long as it's possible. All the other achievements are just a matter of hard work.

What has been the highlight of your career so far, and why?
VEiiLA is too young project to highlight something. We played at a couple of festivals and released the first single just a month ago. Before we had another musical projects with relatively high level of success but I'd like to keep it to myself. Thinking of VEiiLA as a pure, brand new start gives us the feel of lightness and energy.

And what’s the moment you want to forget?
What I want to forget must be forgotten. Recalling it is counterproductive, isn't it?

If you had to pick just one of your songs to represent your music, what would it be and why?
There is only one released song for this moment. It's our first single Animal that we have picked to be the first because it perfectly fits our emotional state for now. This song is a reflection of my inner hurricane.

Where can we listen to it? 


Where can we find out more about your music? 
Our official website is http://veiila.com
We also share a lot of our lifestyle pics on instagram: http://instagram.com/veiilamusic

Anything else you’d like to say about your music that I forgot to ask?
Very soon, on 25th June we have our first EP release. It's going to be available on iTunes and other digital stores. But for our followers there'll be special treats. So join our pages and stay in tune!

No comments:

Post a Comment