Saturday 16 January 2016

James Clark Hangover Q&A

Your name: 
David Clark.

Where are you from? 
Born and lived most of my life in Toronto. Raised in London, Ontario.

Name of band: 
James Clark Hangover.

Who else is in your band?
In the studio it's just me with the help of my producer. Live it's Don Currell on bass and Andrew Jones on drums.

How would you describe yourselves? 
Late-Seventies rock and roll with side orders of pop and punk. 

Who are your main influences musically? 
Stones, Beatles, Neil Young, Zep, Pistols, Ramones, New York Dolls..you know, the usual suspects.

What do you hope to achieve in music? 
Universal acclaim for my songwriting skills would be great but I'm not holding my breath. Honestly all I want is to keep playing regularly and keep making records. 

What has been the highlight of your career so far, and why? 
The highlights of my career are many. Meeting and playing with DOA over the years has to up there. Playing Webster Hall, The Continental and CBGBs all in the space of a week a good one. Jamming with Perry Ferrell at The Bovine rates.  

And what’s the moment you want to forget? 
Any time drugs or alcohol impacted performance. So that's many.

If you had to pick just one of your songs to represent your music, what would it be and why? 
Black Cloud. It's rock and roll with pop melodies, a fun lyric, sexy T Rexy guitars and a beefy Keef/Johnny/Jonesy solo.

Where can we listen to it? 



Where can we find out more about your music?

Anything else you’d like to say about your band/music that I forgot to ask?
I try to write music that is fun and not too serious. The Stones in a bar having fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment