Saturday 1 December 2012

Chaotic Resemblance Q&A


Your name: 
Travis McConnell (lead vocal, guitar).

Where are you from?  
Poteau, Oklahoma, USA.

Name of band: 
Chaotic Resemblance.

Who else is in your band? 
Logan Ellis (lead guitar, vocals), Zack Foster (drums, vocals), Donnie SiXx (bass).

How would you describe yourselves? 
As someone God Created to take His Message to the world through rock. I am very real and transparent and I’m not perfect and I want people to know no one is. We try to bring a message of hope to the world; everybody goes through bad times in their life, whether it’s divorce, death, losing your house, job etc... Or even some sort of abuse. Everyone needs hope. I guess you can say I’m a messenger of hope and my vehicle in which to do that is rock.

Who are your main influences musically?  
It’s a wide variety. I would have to say Elvis, Bon Jovi, Stryper, The Gaither vocal band and so many more.

What do you hope to achieve in music? 
To take the message of hope to everyone in the world and, of course, rock their faces off.

What has been the highlight of your career so far, and why? 
To play to 20 to 40-year-olds in a bar that 99 per cent of Christians would never go and then the next week play to 800, 40 to 80-year-old pastors and missionaries where 75 per cent of the world wouldn’t go. The highlight was to see my music touch people from ages 20 to 80.

And what’s the moment you want to forget? 
How many Christians have quit the band because they didn’t want to play in bars, or their pastors told them if they did they couldn’t play at their church any more? And that’s crazy. The people at the bars are exactly who Jesus would be hanging out with.

If you could choose one of your songs as an advert for your music, what would it be and why?
I just couldn’t do that. My songs are like my children; I can’t pick one over the other but we are recording some new songs in Nashville during December and I really feel like I have a couple of special song that we just wrote.

Where can we listen to it? 
Chaotic Resemblance at Reverbnation is going to have just about everything and we are working on our website chaoticresemblace.com

Where can we find out more about your music? 
Facebook, Twitter, chaoticresemblance.com is coming very soon. iTunes, youtube, sound cloud, CD Baby, myspace just about everywhere but I think out best link is reverbnation.  Email revrock@clnk.com

Anything else you’d like to say about your band that I forgot to ask? 
Here’s one. Would you come to the UK?  Absolutely, that is one of our main goals we would love to come play there and do a tour through every pub that likes classic rock.

No comments:

Post a Comment