Wednesday 24 April 2013

Jess Harwood Q&A

Your name: 
Jess Harwood. 

Where are you from? 

Blackpool, England.

How would you describe yourself? 

I am an acoustic singer-songwriter. If people ask I usually say acoustic/pop... 

Who are your main influences musically?

I don't have any specific influences, I love listening to all types of music from rock to house to pop to folk. It's more the different elements in the genres that influence me rather than a specific artist. But I do really like Ellie Goulding, Taylor Swift, Lianne La Havas...  

What do you hope to achieve in music?
I would just love for people to listen to my music and enjoy it and want to listen to more. Just to be able to make a living out of music will be great! 
 
What has been the highlight of your career so far, and why? 

Just going around playing gigs and getting really positive and kind comments from people in the audience. Also getting my song played on national radio station for the first time was a brilliant feeling. 'Every Little Thing' was played on BBC Radio 6 on January 7th 2013.

And what’s the moment you want to forget?
I don't think there is any moments I would want to forget. Nothing bad about being a musician, for me anyway.

If you could choose just one of your songs to represent your music, what would it be and why? 

Every Little Thing, it was one of the first songs I ever wrote and it gets a really good response every time I play it. And like I have previously mentioned above, it got played on the BBC Radio 6 Introducing Mixtape. 

Where can we listen to it? 

www.soundcloud.com/jessharwoodmusic



Where can we find out more about your music? 

Facebook- www.facebook.com/jessharwoodmusic Soundcloud-www.soundcloud.com/jessharwoodmusic Official website- www.jessharwood.co.uk Reverbnation-www.reverbnation.com/jessharwood 

Anything else you’d like to say about your band that I forgot to ask?
Just to mention my EP will be released very soon, so to keep up to date on everything that is going on, follow me on twitter- @jessharwood1 and like my facebook page- www.facebook.com/jessharwoodmusic

No comments:

Post a Comment