Saturday 18 May 2013

Cult Of Wedge Q&A

Your name:  
Pete Hackett, head honcho, chief bottle washer in the musical entity that is - Cult of wedge.

Where are you from?  
Rowley Regis, in the West Midlands, England.

Name of band: 
Cult of Wedge.

How would you describe yourself? 
Cult of Wedge, well, it’s a bit like a car crash involving members of ELO, Motorhead, Human League, Genesis, the Shadows, and Yes. With John Shaft, and Starsky and Hutch being first on the scene, and Beck, and Air driving the ambulances.

Who are your main influences musically? 
See above really, but in fairness, it's too wide and varied to list. I guess it’s a lot of sounds from the late 70s, and early 80s? Sometimes, its stuff like TV, and film soundtracks. Sometimes a single sound, or noise,  has influenced me to start songs

What do you hope to achieve in music? 
I’d like to just get the music out to a wider audience, as it's what I love doing, if I make a few bob on the way, all the better! But, I've been into music since I was a kid, so its just a natural thing for me to play and write. I’d be lost without it!

What has been the highlight of your career so far, and why?  
I'm not sure there has been any! But I guess its having my music played on internet, and local FM stations in America and Europe. Being included on the same playlists as some of my heroes is a special moment!

And what’s the moment you want to forget?  
Dunno really, I don’t play live that much so little has gone wrong, apart from messing up coming in on a verse on a live cover of AC/DC’s ‘Highway to Hell’ in an odd Cult of Wedge type style!

If you could choose just one of your songs to represent your music, what would it be and why?  
Probably ‘Super duper sunshine man’ it almost has every tiny influence on it somewhere along the line, its an ode to positivity and sunny days, and catchy. I'm perplexed that some of the online stations ain't picked up on that one?

Where can we listen to it?  



Where can we find out more about your music?

Anything else you’d like to say about your band that I forgot to ask?  
Basically, please give it a listen, and give it a chance. I think sometimes good indie stuff that’s out of the BBC Introducing sphere gets horribly overlooked. Me, and many others get utterly overlooked by stuff like Introducing, so folks should dig around as there are many little gems (like Wedge) waiting to be discovered! If you like us tell others, if not, well….  J

No comments:

Post a Comment