Saturday 6 July 2013

Rex Ivy Q&A

Your name:
Rex Ivy.

Where are you from?
Southwest Florida, USA.

Who else is in your band?
I am a solo artist vocally, however, I've co-written songs with several people. For the past year, I've been working exclusively with Moot Booxlé, who is a songwriter/composer, multi-instrumentalist and audio engineer.

How would you describe yourself?
If I had to sum it up in one word, it would be eclectic. That may sound like a cliche, but I think my music fits the definition of the word completely. My music is both retro and modern in its style and sound - what I strive for is a timeless sound.

Who are your main influences musically?
Too many to list! I'm influenced by a myriad of artists and genres from the past century of recorded music.

What do you hope to achieve in music?
Worldwide recognition and appreciation for true musical artistry. I believe in putting music in my music - to both entertain and to be a positive influence in people's lives.

What has been the highlight of your career so far, and why?
Having complete artistic freedom to write and perform music that conveys true emotion.

And what’s the moment you want to forget?
None, because all my life experiences have made me who I am.

If you had to choose just one of your songs to represent your music, what would it be and why?
This is an extraordinarily difficult question to answer, simply because every song I produce is completely different! If I really have to pick one, I suppose it would be "F-Bomb".
It's both modern and classic, is a true depiction of the current state of music today, all while keeping it fun and light.

Where can we listen to it?

Where can we find out more about your music?
My latest album on iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/mood-swings/id644922282 (also available worldwide at most online music retailers).
Official site: http://rexivy.com
Also the site of my production company: http://rexivypro.com

Anything else you’d like to say about your band that I forgot to ask?

Check out my music- if you don't like one song, chances are there's another that you will like! There's a little something for everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment