Thursday 5 September 2013

Plainview Q&A

Your name: 
Darren Leadsom (guitar/vox).

Where are you from? 
Lancaster, England.

Name of band:
Plainview.

Who else is in your band? 
Marc Nellis (bass/backing vox) and Tim Lowe (drums).

How would you describe yourselves? 
The labels we usually give ourselves are Americana, post rock and power pop, that seems to cover most of it but I don't see us as limited by that, I want to be able to go in any direction we feel like.

Who are your main influences musically?  
The bands that have had the biggest impact on me and made me want to form my own band were groups like Wilco, Big Star, Nirvana and My Bloody Valentine.  There's much more to it than that but this could just become a big list of names

What do you hope to achieve in music? 
I want to have produced a good body of work as a band and for us to play some great gigs and festivals, I just want us to keep getting better and better.

What has been the highlight of your career so far, and why?  
I enjoy every gig we do so each one of them has been its own highlight, which is an incredibly political answer.

And what’s the moment you want to forget?  
I've blocked it out or I blacked out, I forget.

If you had to choose just one of your songs to represent your music, what would it be and why?  
I think Golden Sound is the one because it always gets a good response when we play it live and I think its one of the best songs I've written so if people don't like that one, there's not a lot I can do about it.

Where can we listen to it? 
You can listen to our EP for free here  http://plainviewmusic.bandcamp.com/ and also buy it if you feel compelled to do so, which we would encourage purely for your own good.



Where can we find out more about your music?  

No comments:

Post a Comment