Saturday 7 September 2013

Sacha-Lee Q&A

Your name:
Sacha-Lee Hebert-Cadieux.

Where are you from? 

Smooth Rock Falls, Ontario.

Name of band:
I do solo gigs under my own name Sacha-Lee, and I also play in a band called Court Circuit (means Short Circuit in English).

Who else is in your band?
I do lead and back-up vocals.
Gaetan Cadieux (husband) lead guitar, rhythm guitar and vocals.
Alain Cloutier, lead and back up vocals.
Guy Gendron, basist, organ.
Yvon Ouellette, lead guitar.
Kevin Gendron, drums.

How would you describe yourselves?
Sacha-Lee is cross-over country, or country-rock, and Court Circuit is a blend of everything, from originals, to country, French, old rock and roll, to pop. It all depends on the type of venue we are booked for. 

Who are your main influences musically?
Marjo, Bonnie Tyler, Celine Dion, Pat Benatar, Carrie Underwood, Brooks & Dunn, Bob Seger, Kiss, Doobie Brothers, Zack Brown Band, CCR, Marie-Chantal Toupin, Meatloaf, Journey, Shania Twain.

What do you hope to achieve in music?
I'd love to bring back some kicking country music. When you could actually play a good country song and people could dance to it. I find nowadays there's way too many mid-tempos out there. I'd also love to have one of my said "kickin'" country songs taken and made popular by another artist, if not by me. 

What has been the highlight of your career so far, and why?
My best moment was releasing my first EP I recorded in Nashville, TN. and the huge support I got from the release party in 2011. I am now getting ready to release my new album "The Music Made Me Do It" and I hope my fans will be there for me again. I also think that all interest I get, like interviews like this one, are all highlights and milestones to a healthy, full bodied career.

And what’s the moment you want to forget?
Spending $950 on an A&R rep that never contacted me back. Do your research, and meet these people. The second one I got in contact with in Nashville has really come through for me, and I've been doing business with her ever since.

If you had to choose just one of your songs to represent your music, what would it be and why?
I think "The Music Made Me Do It". Music and the way it is sung and played really moves my soul, and makes it soar. It makes me want to give these same felling to millions of people. So I know my shot at getting signed is minimal, but I love making music so much, I can't stop it. I'll be doing it 'till I physically can't no more. I also love Funk, and it's also got that funky vibe to it which makes me want to move to it. I BLAST that Wa peddal lick in my car and just go nuts over it!


Where can we listen to it?

 

Where can we find out more about your music?

No comments:

Post a Comment