Sunday 20 October 2013

Dax Lion Q&A

Your name: 
Dax Lion

Where are you from?
I was born in Kingston, Jamaica. More specifically in the St. Andrew Region in small area called "Maryland".

Who else is in your band?
Dax Lion is a performing artist not a band. However, we have worked with various bands/musicians for live performances. Bands we have worked on music with/performed live with include - Uprising Roots Band, Sin City Prophets, Artikal Band, Judah Tribe Band, One Drop Routz Band.

How would you describe yourself?
I describe my music as conscious. This sound is unique and natural, it is driven by the mystic of existence, nature and things we see, hear, touch and know we feel on a daily basis. I would describe myself as a rebel with a cause that forward with a message that even i myself have to take heed to and learn from it. Understand clearly what i am saying "even I have to learn from what i am saying" therefore the message that I am bringing is even more powerful than I that is singing it and is of paramount importance today and for the future to come. JAH Blessed.

Who are your main influences musically?
Main influences musically are Michael Jackson, The Marley Family, Buju Banton, Stevie Wonder, Jimmy Cliff, Peter Tosh, amongst many others.

What do you hope to achieve in music?
I hope to reach the people through music. I use it as my form of communication. I find I communicate best not when talking, but when singing/performing my arts. I hope this music will not hurt, but will inspire and uplift all positively. I just pray and hope that what I have envisioned will manifest because if it does, this music will inspire all of us, even those that think they cannot be inspired, to act and do something positive for someone, something, themselves and the Earth itself or just to feel good and sing along. Blessed.

What has been the highlight of your career so far, and why?
The highlight of my career so far to me is when my songs Gwan Natty, Mr Poverty and Last Child was being played on the number one reggae station in Jamaica, Irie FM. Popular radio personality Ron Muschette premiered the songs. Also just being able to perform on the International scene is great as well. I was just in Canada and did a show with Junior Reid as the headline and I did some earlier this year with Steel Pulse and Inner Circle as headline acts and I also did a short appearance at the Reggae in the Desert Festival in Nevada on Daniel Marley's set, its been great and I am grateful for these opportunities.

And what’s the moment you want to forget?
I have no moments I want to forget really. I think in everything we learn from our mistakes and we all make mistakes from time to time, until we no longer make those mistakes again, so every moment happened for a reason to make us a stronger performer and singer.

If you had to pick just one of your songs to represent your music, what would it be and why?
If I had to pick one song to represent my music I would open Pro Tools and merge all the tracks into one and bounce it as one long MP3 track. I think my music has evolved, evolves and is evolving still right now, if you listen from Gas Pon It to Reggae Jam Jam to Mr Poverty to The Prayer to Lyrics to Boom Draw, I think each track has a different feel/ emotions to it and different sounds to them, thus what I am trying to say is if all the tracks were on one MP3 as one track and you listened it from start to finish you would see that it represents my music entirely as it shows that my music is always evolving and I am experimenting with different sounds. It should be noted that reggae is my comfort zone so we always have reggae in the mix.

Where can we listen to your music?
You can listen to my music at my website www.daxlionmusic.com or Soundcloud www.soundcloud.com/daxlion

Where can we find out more about your music?
www.daxlionmusic.com
www.youtube.com/daxvernon1
www.soundcloud.com/daxlion
www.twitter.com/daxlion
www.facebook.com/daxlion
daxlion.blogspot.com
itunes.apple.com/us/artist/dax-lion/id418975454

Anything else you’d like to say about your band/music that I forgot to ask?
I would just like to thank all the supporters and rebels who trod along, God Bless.


No comments:

Post a Comment