Sunday 1 December 2013

Spirit Choir Q&A

Your name: 
Bryan.

Where are you from? 
Buffalo, New York, USA.

Name of band: 
Spirit Choir.

Who else is in your band?
Just me.

How would you describe yourselves? 
I tend to describe it as DIY lo-fi indie rock that's influenced by dreampop, shoegaze and psychedelic pop and rock.  I've also seen it tagged as shoegazer pop and I would agree with that.

Who are your main influences musically?  
Gary Numan is a huge influence in terms of achieving guitar-like tones from a synth/keyboard and Daniel Johnston and Flying Saucer Attack are huge in terms of writing and recording at home and all 3 musically as well. I draw a lot of inspiration from The Jesus & Mary Chain, My Bloody Valentine, Cocteau Twins, The Cure, Mercury Rev, The Summer Hits, the list is really quite long.

What do you hope to achieve in music?  
I just really want to have fun creating what I love and hopefully what other people can get into and really anything else that comes along with it is just an added bonus.

What has been the highlight of your career so far, and why?  
Getting some internet radio play has been pretty cool, especially having my track played after a legend like Lou Reed. But really just anyone genuinely enjoying something that I've created is really cool.

And what’s the moment you want to forget?  
I had to change the name of this project recently because of a band with a very similar name and that kind of sucked.

If you had to pick just one of your songs to represent your music, what would it be and why?  
Hard to say because I like to take a different approach with each one but maybe Burn Out Bright as it has some synth/indiepop, psychedelic, and dreampop aspects all rolled into it.

Where can we listen to it? 



Where can we find out more about your music? 
We are on Soundcloud at http://www.soundcloud.com/spirit-choir on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/spirit_choir and on Bandcamp at http://spiritkids.bandcamp.com where you can download our self-titled EP for free!


No comments:

Post a Comment