Thursday 13 March 2014

Band Of One Q&A

Your name:
Gareth Davies.

Where are you from?
Kingston upon Thames, England.

Name of band:
Band of One.

How would you describe yourself?
The idea behind the project was to create a big rock band sound with just me. It started as a side-project between composing for a cartoon series.

Who are your main influences musically?
I originally wanted to capture the sound of the eighties rock scene: Peter Gabriel, Tears for Fears, Talk Talk, Pink Floyd...it inevitably ended up sounding a bit more like me, but I think you can hear those influences in there.

What do you hope to achieve in music?
My dream has aways been to record and release music at my own pace and on my own terms. My 'day job' of writing music for media is an amazing experience and I'd like to do more TV work. As far as Band of One goes, the sky's the limit.

What has been the highlight of your career so far, and why?
Definitely scoring the music for a new 2D-animated series that's about to be broadcast in Italy, and then hopefully in territories around the world.

And what’s the moment you want to forget?
Hmm, I can't remember.

If you had to pick just one of your songs to represent your music, what would it be and why?
Today I would go for title track 'Lights', but every song has its own meaning and personality. That's the beauty of music. The EP has a theme running through it of friendship: not just lending a hand but asking for help when you need it, so it works more as a body of songs.

Where can we listen to it?
You can listen to the Lights EP on most streaming services like Spotify http://open.spotify.com/album/2YUQcDOOMSCtAvocz91W4j

Where can we find out more about your music?

Anything else you’d like to say about your band/music that I forgot to ask?
The Lights EP is available right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment