Thursday 17 April 2014

Beau Austin Q&A

Your name:
Beau Austin.

Where are you from?
Los Angeles California, USA. Recently relocated to Cincinnati, Ohio. 

Who else is in your band?
Mostly just me as a solo act, however depending on the show and town I'm in that night a few may friends may join me.

How would you describe yourselves?
I like saying "poetry with a soundtrack" singer songwriter/ art rock style with punk rock roots.

Who are your main influences musically?
The Clash/Joe Strummer, Velvet Underground/Lou Reed, Les Paul, Leonard Cohen, The Ramones, Bob Dylan, Johnny Thunders.

What do you hope to achieve in music? 
Just to always be creating. I love painting, writing and playing guitar so I ultimately hope to be able to do so full time while discovering & promoting others in creative fields. I love nothing more than sharing my work or others with the world, there's always something for someone that will be a passion.

What has been the highlight of your career so far, and why? 
Just looking back on all my years touring in punk rock bands and making great records, it's absolutely a highlight seeing my progression as an artists and person, those first few years being dead broke, sleeping on floors, driving 18 hours between shows, etc and always smiling truly made me who I am today.

And what’s the moment you want to forget?
Of course.. Maybe haha.

If you had to pick just one of your songs to represent your music, what would it be and why? 
Right now it would be "I adore" - it's autobiographical and really reflects I feel on how much the your mind will mess with you when you should just be happy and enjoying the moment, yet something that a lot of us deal with on a continuous basis with a variety of things.

Where can we listen to it?


Where can we find out more about your music?
Reverbnation.com/BeauAustin           
On Twitter: @Beau_austin and Instagram: @beau_lindsay

Anything else you’d like to say about your band/music that I forgot to ask? 
Just that I truly appreciate the interest and I am truly grateful for the amazing fans and artists out there that keep art alive. I always respond to everyone individually and can't thank ya enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment