Wednesday 14 May 2014

Jay Woodward Q&A

Your name: 
Jay Woodward.

Where are you from?
Born in Rochester, New York.  

Who else is in your band?
Just me.  

How would you describe yourself?
Tall, dark, and handsome.

Who are your main influences musically?
Nick Drake, Brand New, Beck, Ennio Morricone.

What do you hope to achieve musically? 
I honestly don't know. But the ultimate goal is to keep making records.

What has been the highlight of your career so far, and why?
Hearing the final master mix of the debut album "Letters We Told".  

And what's the moment you want to forget?
Every time I have to shelf a song that just didn't work out. 

If you had to pick just one of your songs to represent your music, what would it be and why?
The song I'm working on now for Album #2. Things have happened since "Letters We Told" was released that have impacted my creative world.  Pursuing a new narrative is always the mountain to climb.  

Where can we listen to it?
Album #2 is currently in the writing phase, but "Letters We Told" can be heard and bought at www.jaywoodward.comhttp://jaywoodward.bandcamp.com/https://soundcloud.com/jay-woodwar, Spotify and all that jazz.



Anything else you'd like to say about your music that I forgot to ask?
I really appreciate Greg at Real Sounds Ok for the highlight and everyone that has taken the time to listen to my music...Thank You!

No comments:

Post a Comment