Saturday 21 June 2014

Abstrakt Q&A

Your name: 
Manny Garcia.

Where are you from? 
Arizona, USA.

Name of band:
Abstrakt.

Who else is in your band?
Oddfather (Vinnii Otchkov) makes the beats.

How would you describe yourselves? 
Open-minded and profound. Challenging conformity with lyrical fluency that strives to avoid promoting materialistic desires. I try to reach the masses and spread positivity by reminding people how connected we all are. And how we need to think for ourselves and detach from worldly desires that keep us imprisoned. 

Who are your main influences musically? 
Strangely, classical rock has the most influence on me. Along with alternative and metal music since that's what I listened to before I even tried rapping. I grew up on 70's and 80's music. Waking up to my mother cleaning the house jamming out to some classics. Although the two most influential rap artists to me would be Ab-Soul and Immortal Technique. 

What do you hope to achieve in music? 
Making my local art scene more prominent and expanding it's culture across the state and hopefully the country. I don't care about fame. I am fine with a few real fans that can take my music and appreciate the meaning behind it all. 

What has been the highlight of your career so far, and why? 
Getting my first album release date on my 21st Birthday. Get a copy! August 30! Gross Poetry is the name! 

And what’s the moment you want to forget? 
How many others are striving for the same goal and the difficulties that come with trying to be known. 

If you had to pick just one of your songs to represent your music, what would it be and why?
Catacombs. It's lyrical, fast, powerful, and filthy. 

Where can we listen to it? 



Where can we find out more about your music?

No comments:

Post a Comment