Monday 2 June 2014

Adie Q&A

Photo by: Gino Galea
Your name: 
Adrienne (Adie).

Where are you from? 
Valletta, Malta.

How would you describe yourself?
Pop with an influence of other different genres/styles of music to keep the audience's curiosity alive and this makes me and my music somewhat unpredictable.

Who are your main influences musically?
Loads of different artists from my childhood and teenage years up to recent ones. These would include Adele, Rihanna, Celine Dion and Shania Twain; Italian singers such as Zucchero, Michele Zarrillo and Laura Pausini and the Backstreet Boys from the 90s.

What do you hope to achieve in music?
I would like to continue expanding my network and fanbase, work with professional companies and perform more overseas to make my music and songs heard and appreciated. I would like to stretch myself and my potential as far as my music can take me and continue learning new and exciting things along the way.

What has been the highlight of your career so far, and why?
Being interviewed live over the phone twice in the US by an established personality, producer/editor-in-chief and featured on his popular music magazine, realising that on this same show or magazine, there were people such as Billy Ray Cyrus, Lady GaGa and other notorious personalities featured, is definitely one of my important highlights in my music career. It also amazes me that my music has managed to go this far although I take care of everything myself and the fact that it is being noticed and appreciated in America and in other parts of the world. Being a self-produced artist can be tough but definitely very rewarding.

And what’s the moment you want to forget?
When I got very sick and was left voiceless for months. This experience definitely made me appreciate my voice even more, not to take it for granted and to take better care of it.

If you had to pick just one of your songs to represent your music, what would it be and why? 
It is very difficult for me to choose because every song represents a bit of me and tells something about me and about my music likings and preferences. But if I really have to choose, it would be 'Cry For You' released in 2012. Apart from the fact that with this song, it was like love at first sight and where both songwriters were linked to Sony ATV Music Publishing, I just love the way the video turned out and the remix version charted Malta's Top 10 :) The music video of this song was also chosen by the public as being the Best Video for the year 2012 in the MMI Listeners' Picks Poll by Toni Sant. Lovely memories and a lot of exciting moments...that's for sure!




Where can we find out more about your music?
Adie's FB Like Page: adiemaltamusic
Twitter: Adiesinger
ReverbNation: Adie4you
CD Baby Store: https://www.cdbaby.com/Artist/Adie

Anything else you’d like to say that I forgot to ask?
Yes - my latest release is titled 'God's Green Earth' (remix) a song that was launched online on the 20th April this year. The lyrics of the song give a perfect picture of how the world can be viewed and lived, if only people are not so negative, not so judgemental and not so racist. This is the main reason why I chose to sing this song because it depicts a world I truly believe in and one where nature and human beings of different race, colour, social class and ethnicity live together in harmony embracing the beauty of nature that surrounds them whilst praising God for this. After all, we are all brothers and sisters in this world.
There is also my very first professional lyric video on YouTube that was launched last Friday, 16th May. For those of you interested, this is the link - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsGsFlKQX5I.

No comments:

Post a Comment