Friday 6 June 2014

Jimmi Reitzler Q&A

Your name:
My Name is Jimmi Reitzler or Jimmi RITZ Reitzler - I go by both. When I was with bands (and on my first solo LP Looking Thru Bobby's Diary and follow up EP Save the 7 inch) - I went by Jimmi Reitzler but I found that people would say my name wrong (the E is silent). The funny thing is that I wanted to change it to Ritzler but my Dad got mad and said I should be proud of my name so I left it alone. But then when I got to my second solo release (ADDITIONAL PARKING) and my Compilation CD called RITZ that has 15 songs on it) I changed my name to Jimmi RITZ Reitzler. Also in High School my nick name was RITZ so I went with it. 

Where are you from?
I'm from Atlantic City, New Jersey, but now I live in National Park, New Jersey, (really I'm just over the bridge from Philadelphia, PA). Its a good city to live near, a lot of great music is there to hear and good places to play.    

Name of band: 
Not in a band right now (I do some solo gigs guitar and vocals) but I'm working on putting a band together. The name of my past bands were Tarot, 57th Street and No Brakes.

How would you describe yourselves?
That's Hard. But I would think I've fell into an eccentric/sarcastic niche of songwriting (a little like Todd Rundgren or Warren Zevon).

Who are your main influences musically?
Like I said above Todd Rundgren, Warren Zevon, The Beatles, Tommy Bolin  & The Tubes.  

What do you hope to achieve in music?
What I hope to achieve in music is for people to Know Who I Am (The Net really does help with this).

What has been the highlight of your career so far, and why?
My first 45 with Tarot. I sang lead and played guitar on both songs and wrote one song and wrote most of the other song. And my first solo LP - I played everything and wrote all the songs. And the best part is now it shows up on Ebay (It sells in the $45.00 to $80.00 area). I played at CBGBs in NYC before they closed and I've been in a few magazines, I was in Goldmine Magazine in March 2011. 

And what’s the moment you want to forget?
I don't think I have any thing that I want to forget.

If you had to pick just one of your songs to represent your music, what would it be and why?
Well there are two - Tessa & Myra and I Can't Dance - the reason is that they show what my music is really all about.

Where can we listen to it?
You can find both songs at my web page at www.jimmiritzreitzler.com   


Where can we find out more about your music?
You can also find out more about me there. I'm also on iTunes, CDBABY and YouTube. But like I all ways tell people just Google, Bing or YouTube Jimmi Reitzler or Jimmi RITZ Reitzler because I'm all over the net.           
Anything else you’d like to say about your band/music that I forgot to ask?
Greg, let me say Thank You for taking the time to interview me and I love the Idea that I can get my name out in England (and now I can add this to one of my highlights in my career). Hope this will give you enough info on me. Thanks again Jimmi.

No comments:

Post a Comment