Thursday 19 February 2015

Color Hazard Q&A

Your name: 
Brian Hazard.

Where are you from? 
Huntington Beach, California.

Name of band: 
Color Theory.

Who else is in your band? 
It’s just me.

How would you describe yourself and your music?
80’s synthpop + EDM + classical piano.

Who are your main influences musically?
Depeche Mode, Zedd, David Sylvian, Brahms.

What do you hope to achieve in music?
To build a catalog that uniquely reflects what I love in music.

What has been the highlight of your career so far, and why?
Winning the John Lennon Songwriting Contest.

And what’s the moment you want to forget?
I can’t think of any, but then again I had to check Wikipedia for the highlight of my career.

If you had to pick just one of your songs to represent your music, what would it be and why?
We’re Not Getting Any Younger. It’s an older track, but it still gets the most plays on Spotify and YouTube. And as you can see from the title, it becomes more relevant the longer it ages.

Where can we listen to it?


Where can we find out more about your music?
colortheory.com is my home base, and all my music is there.

Anything else you’d like to say about your music that I forgot to ask?
Depeche Mode fans are likely to appreciate my tribute album to the band, Color Theory presents Depeche Mode. That’s a pretty common point of entry! http://music.colortheory.com/album/color-theory-presents-depeche-mode

No comments:

Post a Comment