Thursday 5 February 2015

Dave Rave teams up with The Governors again

DAVE Rave has been back in the studio again and has released Sweet American Music with his new band The Governors.

He got in touch with RealSoundsOK to tell us how it all came about.

He said: "I've spent the past few years drifting in and out of the United States on tour. It was in Minnesota where I met my new band.

"I had stopped through Minnesota a few times before we finally decided to make a record at Sparta Sound. It's starting to become a tradition - start recording in the brutal cold of January and finish the record in the summer. Record number three starts in a week!"

Sweet American Music is the second album Dave has recorded with The Governors.

He added: "This is a new chapter for me. After years being immersed in the first wave of Canadian punk with Teenage Head and The Shakers and then working as a session musician for Daniel Lanois, Andrew Loog Oldham, Alex Chilton and others; I have this amazing outlet with The Governors. To not only explore my past, but collaborate on exciting possibilities."

Have a listen to the album below and for more visit facebook.com/daveravemusic


No comments:

Post a Comment