Tuesday 10 February 2015

The Nonsense Buffer Q&A

Your name:
The Nonsense Buffer.

Where are you from?
Born in Cleveland, OH, but mostly grew up and lived in Western Oregon and on The Olympic Peninsula in Washington State.

Who else is in your band?
Collaborations with artists from all over the world, including here in the States, the UK, Greece, Canada, Portugal and France.

How would you describe yourselves and your music?
I technically consider myself a jazz musician. I do my best to thoroughly explore music, and have no genre barriers. I've been a serious musician since I turned a teenager, and have seriously studied the electric bass and voice. I just started playing the drums seriously the last couple years. I record everything on my laptop and other cheap recording equipment. I've never recorded in a major studio and have only set foot in one once.

Who are your main influences musically?
The Beatles, Stevie Wonder, Rush, Chris Cornell's Projects, Dream Theater, Swollen Members, Sublime, Devin Townsend's Projects, The Roots, '30s & '40s Vocal Jazz and '50s & '60s instrumental jazz.

What do you hope to achieve in music?
I want to end the cloning of The Mainstream Industry Mind.

What has been the highlight of your career so far, and why?
Within the last two weeks I have recorded the greatest music of my life solo.

And what’s the moment you want to forget?
When I was not able to play music for seven years.

If you had to pick just one of your songs to represent your music, what would it be and why?
My new song Suffer Hungry. It's my greatest recorded achievement.

Where can we listen to it?


Where can we find out more about your music? 

Anything else you’d like to say about your music that I forgot to ask?
I've been on the internet since 2009. I've never paid for any kind of advanced service from the sites I use. All my exposure in from personal contact with fans and fellow artists. I'm all about being independent from the mainstream, and hope to build an honest and honorable career that fits within my belief system of how the musical art should be expressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment