Wednesday 4 March 2015

Sonia Leigh Q&A

Your name: 
Sonia Leigh.

Where are you from? 
I currently reside in Nashville, Tn.

How would you describe yourselves and your music? 
I play a lot of different styles more of a progressive country pop rock sound. I like high energy performances as well and heartfelt moments of sincere ballads.

Who are your main influences musically? 
I love everything from  2-pac, Iggy Azalia, Nicki Manaj to  Bruce Springsteen, Bob Dylan, Jackson Browne, The Rolling Stones, Percy Sledge,  The Killers, The Sounds, Delta Spirit, Biffy Clyro, Hank Williams, Johnny Cash, Eminem, Katy Perry, Sia, Lana Del Rey, David Gray etc... I love music.

What do you hope to achieve in music? 
I hope to write every style and collaborate with many different artists from all over the world. I want to travel the world and play music with people I admire. 

What has been the highlight of your career so far, and why? 
So far I am so thankful for all the experience I have touring all over the U.S. and playing some of the most amazing places there such as Red Rocks, The Gorge, Whiskey A Go Go, etc... I loved getting to play with some of my hero's like Willie Nelson, Loretta Lynn, Eric Church. However, my biggest dream has been to play in Europe. I am now about to embark on my first European tour in April. I am also so excited to play the pop up stages at the O2 in London March 7th and 8th for the C2C festival.

And what’s the moment you want to forget? 
I want to remember it all even the times that have not been the brightest have taught me so much so it all is very important to me.

If you had to pick just one of your songs to represent your music, what would it be and why? 
Fulgurites off of my E.P. Counting Skeletons. I am most proud of that song so far because it really hits the spot for me. I love the way my band played not he record and it just feels so fun. I wrote that song the first time I visited london. It is very special to me.


Where can we find out more about your music?
www.sonialeigh.com
www.twitter.com/sonialeigh
www.instagram.com/sonialeigh 


Anything else you’d like to say about your music that I forgot to ask? 
I do not fit into a particular genre. I make the music I want to make and let it be what it was meant to be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment