Thursday 14 May 2015

Alexandria Q&A

Your name: 
Alexandria.

Where are you from? 
Toronto, Canada.

Who else is in your band?
I'm a solo act - singer - I do however play with a live band or get accompanied by a guitarist.

How would you describe yourselves and your music?
I could be seen as eclectic. I like to evoke my inner goddess while performing and singing. My music is a fusion of soul sounds, bluesy pop melodies and earthy tones. Alternative yet relatable. It is sometimes described as conscious soul pop.

Who are your main influences musically? My main influences are Florence and the Machine, Michael Jackson and more indie artists like Sellah Sue.

What do you hope to achieve in music?
I want to connect with people on a global level - evoking emotion through music, telling stories of life and elevating human consciousness through all aspects of music: from instruments, to vocal melodies and lyrics. 

What has been the highlight of your career so far, and why?
I would say there have been several moments I would call highlights for me. Selling out my shows has been extremely humbling and an honour, getting the opportunity to work with Canadian icons Dan Hill and Gavin Brown, collaborating with UK DJ Ill Phil and watching myself evolve and grow as a musician and performer!

And what’s the moment you want to forget?
I wouldn't choose to forget any. Each moment, no matter what kind it is, has been of value and beneficial to my evolution as a person and artist. All paths have led me here - and all are worth remembering ! :)

If you had to pick just one of your songs to represent your music, what would it be and why?
Well for now I’ll say my single Stay captures my sound and some of my vocal qualities. I am currently in the works of creating my first project/album that will showcase more fully what my music is about.

Where can we listen to it?



Where can we find out more about your music? 
Official site: www.theonlyalexandria.com


No comments:

Post a Comment