Thursday 16 July 2015

TAXXESS Q&A

Your name:
I am Jim Moon.

Where are you from?
Central Texas. Mostly around San Antonio and Austin. I grew up in the country, and moved to the city later.

Name of band:
I perform under the name TAXXESS.

Who else is in your band?
I'm a solo artist.

How would you describe yourself and your music?
I make that could mostly be described as IDM. My more approachable stuff has been described as deep house, or progressive house. Most of my music is a culmination of various auditory hallucinations I was able to pin down.

Who are your main influences musically?
That's a difficult question. I've been pretty influenced by Richard D. James, and other things idm/electronic. A lot of my friends are a pretty big influence on me musically too. My favorite band ever EVER EVER is The Beach Boys, and I will occasionally go through periods where I only listen to pet sounds for months. I'm into a wider variety of music than anyone I know. I can't really name a genre I don't like, but it all ends with The Beach Boys. Mike Patton has been a pretty big musical influence throughout my life too in all of his musical meanderings. 

What do you hope to achieve in music?
I would like to make a living at it. Barring that I would enjoy just playing shows, and having people enjoy what I make. I'm 34 so at this point in my life I try to avoid unrealistic expectations. I think more than anything else at this point I would just be happy that people enjoy it, and it mean something to someone somewhere who isn't me.

What has been the highlight of your career so far, and why?
I toured all over the US in my last band (I was the electronics/noise player). I sliced myself up with a knife in NY, Chicago, and Phillidelphia. The highlight musically for me would have probably been Probationer because everything about it was planned and executed right under the wire. It destroyed my computer. Let the magic smoke out of the fucker.

And what’s the moment you want to forget?
The time my ego made me walk out of opening for a pretty big band. I never let any kind of ego bullshit hold me back ever again after that learning experience. I had this idea that I was done with some kind of bullshit or another and walked out of an opportunity that I will regret forever. Never close the door yourself, you know?

If you had to pick just one of your songs to represent your music, what would it be and why?
This is the hardest question so far. Probably Follow. It's a decent representation of my more melodic side, and hints at some of my weirder tendencies.

Where can we listen to it?
Where can we find out more about your music? 
Fackbook: https://www.facebook.com/masterblaster666
Twitter is @taxxesss
to just listen to stuff theres soundcloud https://soundcloud.com/taxxess
To purchase any of my releases (pay what you want, or nothing) you can do that at bandcamp https://taxxess.bandcamp.com/
Personal webpage here http://jim-moon.appspot.com/
And I'm on tumblr here http://taxxess.tumblr.com/

I'm sure there's probably more out there. 


Anything else you’d like to say about your music that I forgot to ask?
I'm currently on Reconstructiv records. I'll be releasing another album hopefully before the end of the year. It's finished, and we're working on mastering currently. 

No comments:

Post a Comment